Originating in West or Central Asia, saffron quickly made its way to the Mediterranean. Today it is built in many regions of the world.
The best quality depends on the nature of the soil and the production technique (drying and storage).
The main producer of saffron today is Iran.
The quality of the saffron is specified according to a special procedure (ISO 3632-2). The saffron is burned and examined for its components.
A high color strength of the saffron (high crocin content) results in a high-quality category.
International Standard ISO 3632-2
- Coupe = greater than 190
- La Mancha = 180-190
- Rio = 150-180
- Default = 145-150
- Sierra = less than 150
- The aroma and degree of bitterness are also decisive for the quality of saffron. The minimum requirements for saffron in the Iran standard are as follows.
- Aroma greater than 20
- Bitterness (picrocrocin) greater than 70
Super Negin Safran’s slightly bitter taste and its persistent aroma paired with its beautiful orange-yellow color make it an extraordinary spice.
Saffron is used very sparingly in the preparation of foie grass, candied lamb and mussel gratin.
Saffron: How to prove the authenticity of saffron
To prove the authenticity of saffron, a chemical test requires baking soda. If it is really saffron, the solution turns yellow, if it is fake or saffron powder diluted with turmeric, the solution turns red – cloudy.
Real saffron threads can be recognized by the funnel-shaped curled and notched stigmas with a length of approx. 2-3 cm.
To be on the safe side, buy saffron threads instead of powder and pay attention to the characteristics of the threads.
Purchasing Iranian export saffron in USA
In the saffron market, the minimum weight traded is usually 250 grams.
- If you want to start internal marketing in Iran, you can get better profit with this amount
- If you want to start marketing outside of Iran, you can use this amount to reimburse the minimum cost of your trip
- If you want to send it as a sample to your customers who want to buy saffron in bulk, they can better check the quantity of the saffron (Different kinds of saffron have different volumes. When selling and exporting saffron, the saffron quantity is very important)
- If you want to experiment yourself, you can do all routine and special tests with the saffron with this amount
Purchase price of export saffron in USA
In this section the price list for the export of saffron is made available to you.
The items you will see in the Saffron Export Price List are as follows:
- The price of the different types of saffron
2nd prize of 2 quality levels saffron (export and first class)
- Prices in Rial (Iranian currency) for delivery to Iran and export prices in dollars and euros for delivery to the destination country
- The export prices are CIF prices
- Saffron export price varies with order quantity. Below you can see the price of saffron in the weights of 1 to 10 kg, 10 to 25 kg, 25 to 50 kg and 50 to 100 kg
- The following price list for exporting saffron only shows the price of saffron per kilo. The costs for packaging of different sizes, versions with different materials are at the expense of the customer
- The expiry date of this price list is set out below and in the price description of the price table
Nigrang saffron as a special company which is equipped with a professional and advanced laboratory to analyses saffron, has obtained a great number of certificates and export documents. Hence, recently it has been ready to export saffron to different areas around the world.
Individuals and companies that act as intermediaries between the producer and the customer make the most profit by selling saffron in bulk.
There are various Saffron Export Malls in Iran that sell saffron.
Among these centers, Nikrang saffron has been known as one of the best companies which export saffron internationally.
All the saffron in this center is produced under the supervision and control of our experts and reaches the market without intermediaries.
Exporting saffron are Super Negin and Negin saffron.
The price of each saffron varies depending on the saffron type and quality. (Each type of saffron has 4 quality levels).
Please note that these prices are for purchases from 1 to 10 kg and for delivery within Iran.
Purchase and delivery prices in the destination country vary depending on the export process, which you can see in the price list above.
Iran is the best producer and exporter of original and high quality saffron in the world.
All kinds of quality and export saffron (Negin and Super Negin) are produced and processed in Iran.
90% of the saffron used worldwide is produced and supplied by Iran.
Iranian Nagin Saffron is exported to 5 continents and 47 countries.
Negin saffron is the highest quality and best saffron variety.
For this reason, it is considered the most expensive variety of saffron.
Nagin saffron also has several types including Super Nagin.
Which has a higher quality and price compared to Nagin saffron.
Each type of saffron has different prices depending on the variety and quality.
Since European countries are quality-oriented, they are important buyers for precious saffron.
China uses red gold mainly for medicinal purposes and perfume making.
For this reason, he always buys the highest quality saffron variety (Super Negin).
Higher quality saffron extracts can cost more, while lower quality extracts are less expensive.
The price also depends on where you buy the extract, as some retailers may offer discounts or promotions on certain products.
The best way to buy extracted saffron from Nikrang saffron is to visit their website and browse their product selection to buy online.
We offer different types of liquid saffron extract, from high-end versions made from pure saffron threads to more affordable options.